Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IOR 1.1 x 4 x 26 CRT Reticle

ERIC

I recently got a IOR 1.1 x 4 x 26 CRT but the reticle was fine plex with a 1 moa dot. I thought that scope only came with a CBQ reticle because their website doesn't list any other option and when I researched that scope, nobody had options for the reticle.

I got a great price for that scope and would hate to return it. Has anyone tried the IOR with a CBQ reticle and can think of any advantages of having that reticle compared to a fine plex and dot?

I also notice a green tint when I look through the scope. Is this normal with IOR products?

I plan to use this scope for tactical class.

I also notice a green tint when I look through the scope.

Mine has a yellow tint. :P

I got a great price for that scope and would hate to return it. Has anyone tried the IOR with a CBQ reticle and can think of any advantages of having that reticle compared to a fine plex and dot?

This is PURELY my personal opinion. If you do a search I think I'm the only one that isn't too hot on this scope. I'm the lone dissenter out of many who like/love the scope. I'd return it unless you got it for something like $200.

The best thing the CRT has going for it is the CQB reticle. The CQB reticle is awesome. The only thing I would add to the reticle is BAC.

The horse shoe helps me pick up the reticle quickly and to me is quicker than a plain crosshair with a dot.

The horse shoe design also helps on longer shots (vs. other designs) in that the bottom is clear. It's not blocked off like the donut or full circle/donut designs.

The ladder helps in the longer shots in that you have a more defined holding point(s). A plain line is OK. The ladder is just better.

But other than that, I don't think it's that great a scope. I don't find it especially bright --- my $50 BSA has brighter (but not clearer) optics. The power knob is on the tight side and I don't think the eye relief is all that great.

On my scope I have to put it on ~1.25 in order to get a clear full round picture. At 1.1 it's noticeably blurry or grayed out at the edges of the circle. Not really a big deal.

Without the CQB reticle it's just another scope. You might as well get the Leupold for better optics and it's cheaper to boot.

I have an IOR 1.1x4 scope and I am very impressed with it, and yes it has a tint. The CQB reticle is absolutly awesome. To me it offers the best compromise between the acogs and eotechs. It is built like a tank and it is multi gun friendly, unlike the acogs. The reticle has a ton to offer if you learn to use it properly. I had mine out today and was shooting clays at 200 yards so easily it wasn't fun. When I first got it I thought my eo would smoke it on the close stuff, I was wrong, and It smokes the eo on the long stuff, Keep the scope and learn to use it , you will be happy. I'll be using mine for tactical on sunday(local match).