Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

breaking small parts

Kory

And having to eat the $$$ for sending the defective part back for the priveledge of having them send you the replacement. Ruger has been great on bad parts: they send them out no questions asked. I posted a complaint about my Para extractor, and a guy from Para offered to send me one (that was nice of him). But sending my Para in for warranty repairs cost me about $58 in shipping. I guess I shouldn't complain.... I read that Para no longer offers the warranty, so I would have eaten a lot more if my gun wasn't covered.

STI sent me some sight pins for the "Bomar clone" rear sight that shears pins off with no questions asked.

I'll never forget my first and only experience w/ Para customer service. I bought a Para gunsmith kit from them a couple years ago that came with a certificate for five pre-ban high caps which, at the time, was a big deal. I sent off $280 for the mags and when they finally came in almost three months later all five tubes had rust and scratches on them. I called Para to see about getting the tubes replaced and Para immediately "made the problem right" by sending me a 1/2" wide ParaOrdnance lapel pin and a sew on Para patch. Problem solved. I wound up having to replace the tubes out of my own pocket. Marketing tip: When you p/o a customer, try not to compound the problem by asking them to advertise for you.