Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will my BCM KMR 15 handguard fit with a JP Gasblock?

Nemesis Lead

The title says it all. Will my JP Low Profile Gasblock fit underneath a BCM KMR 15 handguard?

My understanding is that there must be a little play as the barrel will move under recoil and/or the handguard could get pushed into the gas block if you are leaning into a position.

I would appreciate responses from folks who have done this installation.

Many thanks!

There was a half mil to millimeter clearance on the JP and several other gas blocks that I had laying around, but when I would rest the handguard on a barricade and shoot, the barrel would move enough that bolt flange on bottom would contact inside of KMR rail and throw the shot off at any distance.. It stung real bad at Task Force Dagger and cost me lots of points and time

So you ended up using a set screw style block? . 750? And even then you're still having issues shooting supported?

I've been thinking about teaming this rail up with a 16.5 voodoo barrel but after seeing that most aren't able to get much of a reduction in gas using an adjustable block I may just use a standard low pro block and if need be a rubber city adjustable key.

The KMR has inner diameter of 1.3" and the block's height is listed at 1.4", so I don't think it'll work. I'm using the seekins block with a kmr 13, and it clears the handguard. I've only shot it loading up on a bipod but it seems to stay in position well.

Edited by NisilS14

The KMR has inner diameter of 1.3" and the block's height is listed at 1.4", so I don't think it'll work. I'm using the seekins block with a kmr 13, and it clears the handguard. I've only shot it loading up on a bipod but it seems to stay in position well.

The 1.3" ID is the width. The height is more than that to accommodate the gas tube and top of the block.

Nemesis

It's the sentry 7 premium set screw version... I loctited it, but if you are concerned about it moving, you can have it pinned with a 1/16 Roll pin by a competent gunsmith... I now have no issues with shooting of a barricade and havin to worry about gas block hitting inside and throwing shots off down range