Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A question: 3GN Rifle Loads and Rifle Mod's

ericm

hmm poop my worry is what happens to 40 gr at distance say 200-500 yard range does it even have the energy to hit these plates

are we allowed to mess with adj gas at matches? havent seen anything about that yet. seems all one would have to do is click it up or down a bit

Running 40s at 2300 fps, normal swingers don't move much out past about 300. 100 yards was fine actually.

As for adjusting gas during the match, I think I would be fine with that, especially if you normally have better scores than me. :devil:

I did a good bit of testing with the various rounds. On paper doubles, I found little difference, certainly not enough to actually run the soft stuff in a match. But on a plate rack, I was able to both increase my hit percentage and cut my time by a pretty decent percentage. I have only had to shoot a plate rack with rifle at the Iron-Man. To me, it is not worth the hassle and effort for most major 3Gun matches.

okay Ill just look into gettinga bit better comp and dropping my 55grs myself down a bit more

Comp i currently have is a nordic corvette and while it is nice it is not as effective as some of the others (imho)