Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ADVANTAGE TACTICAL SIGHT anybody use them

glenr

ok I was watching Ayoob video the other day and in passing he mumbled the name of this sight. While reading one of his con/ceal/carry books he mentioned the sight that is on a lot of his guns used in the book. I googled them and it sounds like it might be a good substitute for the big dot, Dot the i sight I put on my g4/26. which I'm not sure that it is working for me.

Since I need glasses to read and close up work, but not for much more past arms length or there about's. After reading the adverbage it sounds like it may give me a better sight picture. Of course too many of the vid's they link to are by the U tube self "legends in their own minds" guys. That may or may not being truthful since it sounds like the company has sent them a couple of sample sets.

So has anybody put them to use and how did they work?

I actually had the chance to shoot a G3/22 with a set of these on... I am completely open to trying newer options and advancements and was fairly excited... What I found was a bit of confusion and delay in getting the 'pyramid' lined up... I also felt like it was a bit difficult to determine if you were shooting a bit low. Just an issue with the setup... I can definitely see the benefits for people who need generalized sight picture closer than 7 yards. But I just point shoot at these distances. Anything over 15 yards it was immensely difficult to get tight groupings. The major benefit was with swingers... You definitely have a way better field of view.

All in all, flat black rear and red fiber front still has my heart :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one set for sale if interested? My eyes are really bad and I have switched over to red dots on all my pistols. The AT sights were the easiest for me to align and I tried nearly all sights on the market, Warren, Sevigny, Big Dot, etc..