Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Club: Electronic Scoring Questions

Luv2rideWV

We are a new USPSA club located in Logan, WV, and we have always used some sort of paper scoring for our previous unsanctioned matches. In addition, we have not received our new club packet from the USPSA yet, so I'm not sure about what's included.

Here are some questions:

I'm using Practiscore already on my iPhone; would there be any problems with a few other club members scoring their squads on their phones, too?

Could three phones sync in order to finalize scoring and then upload to Practiscore?

Is there any way to build squads on a laptop or some other device and sync that to the iPhones?

Is there an easier way to go paperless?

I'm using Practiscore already on my iPhone; would there be any problems with a few other club members scoring their squads on their phones, too?

That would work but you would want to designate one as the "master" do all of your registration on it and then have the other iPhones sync to it for shooters. If someone has an iPad you could designate that as the master tablet and then score with iPhones if you wanted. You don't have to do it that way but it works easier if you do.

Could three phones sync in order to finalize scoring and then upload to Practiscore?

Yes.

Is there any way to build squads on a laptop or some other device and sync that to the iPhones?

You could have your club personnel register for the match on clubs.practiscore.com web site and then you just download the registration from the web using Practiscore. That's what our club does.

Is there an easier way to go paperless?

There's another system out there that was used for the Florida Open that folks speak highly of but no one has been able to get a cost for it and the software is not recognized as an official scoring program like PractiScore. If you want to go paperless go with PractiScore.