Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super Witness Match Reliability

Storz

I am getting close to finally taking the plunge on a Witness Match and have nearly convinced myself that I want it chambered 38 Super. The gun will double has a game gun and defensive type duties (home/camping etc) - for some reason 38 super has always appealed to me...

As I understand it all the Tanfos are now the large frame, so longer calibers like the 38 Super tend to feed more reliably in the longer mag opening correct?

I intend to shoot factory loaded ammo, both ball and hollowpoint. I don't mind a little break in period but don't want to endlessly be tweaking a stock gun to get it to run 100%

Looking to hear you experiences with the Witness Match in 38 Super...

Thanks!

Edited by Storz

Most of these guns just need some break in and then run great. It would be out of the ordinary for you to need to tweak anything, but I don't have any direct experience with .38 Super.

However I like your idea of a .38 super carry gun. If I didn't have a 10mm already I would have gone that route myself. :)

Most of these guns just need some break in and then run great. It would be out of the ordinary for you to need to tweak anything, but I don't have any direct experience with .38 Super.

However I like your idea of a .38 super carry gun. If I didn't have a 10mm already I would have gone that route myself. :)

Thanks. I have one of the new XDS 4.0 9mms for ccw duties. The Tanfoglio would be my everything else gun. I shoot matches occasionally, but just for fun so this would fill the roll as a range, competition, HD gun nicely I think.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk