Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 712 Utility FTE

uhcoog1

I've got a CZ 712 utility that doesn't like to eject shells. At first it was only rio shells, now it's happening with other shells.

I figure it might be a weak ejector spring. Unfortunately it seems the pin is welded in place, so I can't get to the spring without a good bit of effort.

Anyone have experience with something similar? Any recommendations?

Could you provide some more info on what you were shooting? Birdshot? Slugs? What were the specs on the shells this happened with? The 712 typically acts normal with any shells at or above 1200fps.

#4 Rio high brass. It also happened with hornady heavy coyote (1 1/2 oz, 1300 fps- also high brass). It's rare, but frustrating when it does occur.

I believe it also happened with a regular birdshot on one occasion, but cleared up after a good cleaning.

FTE video:

By looking at the vid looks like its getting caught on the corner of the barrel. If you feel with your finger on the edge by the ejection port you may feel a sharp corner. Try taking the gun apart and just kissing that sharp point with a dremel. I don't own the CZ anymore or i'd include a pic.I had that problem with mine where it would occasionally hang up. The shells are strong enough to eject otherwise.

That's for the advice, suesstech.

Update:

I called CZ USA. They sent me a fedex label to ship it to them for repair under warranty. Said 4-6 weeks. I'll update the thread when I get it back.

Talk about great customer service!

Update:

I called CZ USA. They sent me a fedex label to ship it to them for repair under warranty. Said 4-6 weeks. I'll update the thread when I get it back.

Good news is that CZUSA normally over quotes on their turn around. So you will probably have it sooner, don't hold me to it, but they quoted me the same and I had my gun back in under 2 weeks.

I sent them my CZ Redhead target, and it came back with an extra set of extended chokes... I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but it sure made me a believer, and a happy customer.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Good news is that CZUSA normally over quotes on their turn around. So you will probably have it sooner, don't hold me to it, but they quoted me the same and I had my gun back in under 2 weeks.

I sent them my CZ Redhead target, and it came back with an extra set of extended chokes... I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but it sure made me a believer, and a happy customer.

You were right- the gun was back to my door in under 2 weeks!

I have yet to test it myself, but they did the following:

Opened the gas port

Deepened the extractor groove

Reamed the chamber

And went down a 20+ point checklist, and then test fired with multiple types of 2 3/4 & 3"

Happy Customer :)

Update:

You were right- the gun was back to my door in under 2 weeks!

I have yet to test it myself, but they did the following:

Opened the gas port

Deepened the extractor groove

Reamed the chamber

And went down a 20+ point checklist, and then test fired with multiple types of 2 3/4 & 3"

Happy Customer :)

Awesome, I have to say CZUSA's customer service is soo good that it makes me want to buy more of their stuff.