Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing lead from choke tubes

Twardca

Whenever I shoot slugs I get terrible lead buildup in my choke tube. Anyone have a good way to clean the lead out. It is a 1301 with a carlsons LM choke. My other shotguns don't seem to do it as bad? Fiocchi low recoil 1 oz slugs

I always clean my handgun compensators in a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and peroxide. It basically turns the lead to mush and then it can easily be cleaned out with a soft wire brush. I let the comp soak for a few hours, scrub it, then repeat until it is clean. Search for compensator cleaning on here and you will find more info.

I always clean my handgun compensators in a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and peroxide. It basically turns the lead to mush and then it can easily be cleaned out with a soft wire brush. I let the comp soak for a few hours, scrub it, then repeat until it is clean. Search for compensator cleaning on here and you will find more info.

Thanks I will try that.

Be very cAutious using the vinegar and peroxide mix as the lead can be absorbed through the skin and is very hazardous. There are much safer methods for a choke tube cleaning other than that which is mainly used for non user serviceable supressors where they can't be disassembled

Get out your DeWalt, use this rod 080-000-254WB (Brownells) with a brush of your choice wrapped with 080-000-321, Stainless sponge. Leave your choke tube in, cleans entire bore, . Fast, no mess. I haven't swabbed or put chemicals in my shotgun barrel for several years.

Thanks for the info just ordered these parts from brownells