Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 - Front Sight Height for Minor & Major

ES13Raven

Anyone use their G35 for Major & Minor?

I have Sevigny Competition sights (.250" rear), and was wondering - what front sight height works best at 25 yards?

How much higher or lower will my POI be if I switch from Major to Minor (180gr) at 25 yards?

Edited by ES13Raven

Anyone use their G35 for Major & Minor?

I have Sevigny Competition sights (.250" rear), and was wondering - what front sight height works best at 25 yards?

How much higher or lower will my POI be if I switch from Major to Minor (180gr) at 25 yards?

I have. Didn't bother to change much other than the powder under the same bullet.

POI really didn't change for me that I noticed, but, honestly, I'm not accurate enough shooting groups to be able to say for sure.

The time I bough the Sevigny/Warren sight sets for my 34's and 35's, I don't remember a different rear sight height being available. The front sights could be different, and I found that I needed, for me, the taller sight for the 9mm and the lower for the .40.

Edited by kevin c

I use the .245" front on my G35 with the Sevigny sights. Major PF hits maybe 1" lower at 25 yds than minor PF which hits perfectly at the top of the front sight blade for me. The difference is almost negligible.