Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody have problems with their SIRT pistol?

LuckyDucky

I purchased a SIRT pistol on Amazon in January of this year. The trigger break became mushy to nonexistent by February so I sent it to NLT and they fixed it. Well, it's happened again already. I took it apart and the sear/sear spring piece is broken.

Hopefully NLT fixes it again, but they only have a 1 year warranty... what do I do next year when it keeps breaking?

I tried googling, but I couldn't find any posts with the same issue.

Another curious thing I've noticed is that my SIRT is different from the ones I see in pictures. The front sight doesn't have a white dot, the magazine doesn't have several small weights in it (just 1 big one), and my cam adjustment pins have flathead screwdriver, not hex heads.

Maybe I got a realllly old model from amazon. However, the manual CD that came with it has file created/modified dates of 2012/2013 and the manual says current as of August 2013. The pictures in the manual have the differences from my SIRT as mentioned above.

Edited by LuckyDucky

Don't know about model changes. We have a SIRT for our classroom where we have 3-5 classes of 10-30 people running through it every weak. I have probably put 10,000 pulls on it myself.

No trigger change or issues. Mag release is now sensitive (slight touch, mag will shoot out). The wires have come loose before as well. We just soldered them.

I'm waiting for my third one. First one broke the trigger sear plate thing you mentioned. Second one just stopped emitting laser.

Being in South Africa, it's now been a good couple of months without my SIRT, not sure what the talks between our agent and NLT is. I hope NLT ups the quality, it's an expensive product.

Maybe I got 2 lemons. Maybe. But then I think our whole shipment was lemony. We have a small shooting community, and others with SIRTS have had the same issues.

Oh, I was also puzzled by the mag with a single weight in it. I assumed it was because I bought the red/red model.

I'm waiting for my third one. First one broke the trigger sear plate thing you mentioned. Second one just stopped emitting laser.

Being in South Africa, it's now been a good couple of months without my SIRT, not sure what the talks between our agent and NLT is. I hope NLT ups the quality, it's an expensive product.

Maybe I got 2 lemons. Maybe. But then I think our whole shipment was lemony. We have a small shooting community, and others with SIRTS have had the same issues.

Oh, I was also puzzled by the mag with a single weight in it. I assumed it was because I bought the red/red model.

I agree, they sure are expensive...

I got the Sirt PRO (most expensive, red/green lasers, metal slide).

When it works, it's the best training tool around.

But I'm not going to buy 2 or 3 just so I can have backups while I'm sending one in for repairs.

Mine broke after maybe 4000 trigger pulls the first time and probably about the same amount before it broke the second time.

Edited by LuckyDucky

Got my replacement today as well, best news I've had all week. Our local agent replaced it with a red / green, but with the polymer slide instead of the metal. Win some, lose some.

Just glad I can get back to my routine.

That and lighting up everything in the house!

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have three of the SIRT 107, use with students and my own practice, one is red laser and two are IR laser. My oldest was bought in Dec. 2016. They don't get what I would call heavy use, but are used weekly. I have not had an issue with any of them.

When I started using the SIRT IR with laser training software, it was a game changer, I now use one at least weekly. Way more fun than regular dry fire. Not the same as live fire, but beneficial. Also a great training training tool for working with students.