Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Match Witness Hennings trigger help

LP10

Hey guys, I just bought a Tanfoglio Witness Match as well as the long flat trigger kit from Hennings. I am not familiar with this gun or the trigger kit, hence the reason why I am posting for help. I did not buy the kit, it came with the gun un-installed. Heres the issue, I do not know which springs are what and which poundage to use.

I have #15 #16 #18 and one unlabeled of the smaller springs.

I have #18 #19 #20 #21 and #22 of the longer springs.

Which springs are for return and plunger?

Which spring combination do you guys use?

Any and all advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Little spring goes arou d the pretravel screw toward the front and the longer spring goes around the trigger plunger(under the trigger bar). I use the lightest trigger return spring and use a clicky top pen spring for the plunger.

Its a matter of preference, some like a stronger more pronounced reset so they use a slightly stiffer plunger spring (the longer springs)

Edited by CleverUsername

too light of springs will result in bad things

Nonsense! I'll bet dollars to pesos you won't get close to the edges I've pushed :devil: Besides, as long as it's pointed in a safe direction what's the worst that could happen?!? :eatdrink:

Edited by kneelingatlas

Ok guys, I put in the new trigger and there is a problem with the hammer. The hammer appears to bounce off of the firing pin and rest in the half cocked position, not fully forward. It does not occur every time the trigger is pulled. This is dry fire of course, not live shooting. Any idea? Anything is appreciated.