Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a new IPSC Standard-gun?

Hi!

I have now sold my G35, and are looking for a new Standard gun. I shoot the Shadow in production, so im thinking of the CZ75 Tactical Sport as my next gun.

But hang on, here comes my stupid thoughtprocess...

A guy in my club is selling a BUL M5 for rather cheap. Would that be an OK choice ?

Or should i go for a used STI Edge or similar?

I am thinking of the TS because of my Shadow in production, and not changing between totally different guns. But is it a good choice compared to everything else that is available?

• 2 weeks later...

The TS is a good choice and a couple of things to think about:

if you go to a edge or even the bul you are switching from a swinging type trigger (which you are used to on your shadow) to a sliding type. some people prefer one over the other. and keeping the same type makes sense.

there is also a change in grip angle and bore axis. by going to the TS it stays pretty much the same.

The Bul M5 is an ok 2011, but they are pretty much out of production these days and parts support is practically nonexistent. Also, they are not a generic 2011 and some parts will not just fit without being modified (unlike your average STI/SVI 2011).

Personally I'd give the bul a miss and go with the TS, or get an edge like everyone else!