Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Slides, any replacements?

ihocky2

I know that no one makes an aftermarket slide for the XD, has anyone ever had luck in either finding new or used slides or managed to get one out of Springfield? My wife has a 4" XD 9mm that is not bad to shoot, but I like the 5" better. I am getting into 3-gun and want a high capacity pistol without spending 2011 money, and realistically for the least money possible since I will only shoot a few matches a year. I could live with using her 4", but the big problem is her POA/POI is about 12" different than mine. Way too much to just deal with or to even compensate for. I was hoping to find a second slide and set it up for me and just use her lower frame. I would also not mind building an open top end without having to cut up her slide.

• 4 weeks later...

Of hand, what size group are you both shooting? 5 shots, 15/25 yards.

I think it is more likey trigger pull, or sight aligment. Unless you are both able to put 3" groups on paper, I wouldn't assume you need different sight setups.

Pistol sights don't need to be personallized as much as rifle sights were your cheek weld and fit have more influence.

But heck, any excuss to buy a new gun! :goof: