Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for feedback on Xtreme's HP boolits?

igolfat8

Anyone used Xtreme's hollow point boolits? I have used their TCFP boolits which have worked quite well. However their HP design is quite different than any others I have seen or used,

Edited by igolfat8

I experimented with them last year in the 165grn variety though they were from RMR but are by all reports Extreme bullets. The idea was to produce a load yielding over 500ft/lbs. of energy in 40cal without breaking anything. Using 9.8grns of 3N38 and that bullet @ 1.140OAL in a 5.25 XDm they did indeed do just that. They shot well and were very accurate. All the plated Extreme/RMR bullets I have used so far in both 9mm and 40cal have produced good results for me. Whether these bullets would actually expand if used for anything but target purposes I leave up to other testers, but their construction makes it seem at least possible at the right velocities.

I have a good and highly accurate loade wity the 180 hp's. When i weighed them it was +/- .1 gr. very good quality

I mostly shoot 180s in my Glock .40s. Would you care to share your load?

I have shot a lot of the Xtreme TCFPs and find them one of the best values on the market for target shooting. I have ordered a box of 165 and 180 HPs to experiment with.