Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on Tacmod AR Stock?

Notlongago

USAMU seems to like them but I wonder about other users' perceptions about it. I use a similar XLR Industries Tactical stock but without the cheek piece. I like it because it looks awesome but it doesn't seem any better than a Magpul MOE Rifle Stock or Mags-EFX A1. Looking back I probably would just stay with the MOE or MAGS-EFX and if I thought it could balance, the Lancer carbon fiber stock.

I have a TacMod and love it. I have no neck and even my EOTech on the little 7mm high QD mount is too high for me when I go prone. The cheekpiece allowed me to get a solid cheekweld when prone so my head isn't waving around in the breeze. Titled the buttpad to fit my shoulder pocket and I'm much more confident at the long range stuff.

BUT, since I'm short and my head is close to the charging handle, I had to change to a side charge upper - stock charging handle runs into the cheekpiece.

Had a compliment at SMM3G from a guy I've shot with before, he mentioned that he thought my rifle shooting was much better than he remembered. I blew enough pistol shots that my score didn't show any better but I feel really confident when I lay down on the ground with that gun.