Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for options on a double duty Limited and ESP build

Poseidon215

Ok, I have been shooting SSP and production, but I want to branch out into limited and esp. I am looking for opinions on what to buy that I can run both divisions with and make little to no changes between the two. Obviously this would be 40S&W running major in limited and minor in esp. Initially I was thinking something along the lines of an STI 2011 but I know quite a few people that still had to get them worked over by a gunsmith before they used them.

My backup Limited gun is my ESP gun.

When going between the games, I change out the magwell, slide stop and barrel (have both a bull and bushing barrel.)

If you want to keep things simple, just get an Eagle that's legal for IDPA ESP. You can add 3-4 140mm mags and shoot it in Limited.

Yep. Get the STi Eagle with the bushing barrel. Legal in Limited and ESP. You don't have to have them worked over. I had one and it ran flawlessly using factory ammo. I also used atlanta arms factory reloaded minor .40 for IDPA. Super soft shooter. Used the factory spring for that too. I think that's gonna be the only STi you can use for limited and ESP. Great gun!

Or save yourself a little money and get a glock 35 with all the fixin's for limited and a glock 34 for IDPA. Super easy to work on and clean....spend the rest of your money on ammo.....

Ok looks like 2 votes for the eagle. Are there any other options for 2011 besides like an SVI or a completely custom built?

I reload so ammo definitely isn't a problem though finding enough components to keep a decent stock can be challenging