Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Browning A5 Lifter Weld?

Can you weld the lifter on the new browning A5? I must be the minority, I still get my thumb caught in the fork. Sent Jeff a note waiting to hear back from him.

Just wondering what others have done. Doesn't look much different from the M2.

No, well you can but there is a good chance the auto load feature won't work anymore. Which is one of the main reasons I bought mine. How do you get your thumb stuck in it? My is too close to the follower

No, well you can but there is a good chance the auto load feature won't work anymore. Which is one of the main reasons I bought mine. How do you get your thumb stuck in it? My is too close to the follower

I haven't had any problems either when quad loading. I think lifter welding is more important if you do traditional caddie weak hand loading.

Edited by alma

I don't want to argue but I've seen the welded lifter argument when talking about Benellis and other guns. Someone said to me, if it will lift 1oz. shells and 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 oz. shells, what difference will a few grams of extra steel on the lifter make? Maybe it won't lift the 1-1/2 oz shells anymore but we don't shoot them. Gave me something to think about.

I don't want to argue but I've seen the welded lifter argument when talking about Benellis and other guns. Someone said to me, if it will lift 1oz. shells and 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 oz. shells, what difference will a few grams of extra steel on the lifter make? Maybe it won't lift the 1-1/2 oz shells anymore but we don't shoot them. Gave me something to think about.

Benellis and all other shotguns besides the maxus and gold dont have the the autoload feature which is (from what I hear) why you dont weld it. I was thinking about welding it just to make sure my thumb didnt get caught but didnt want to risk it. If you weld it me me know how it works!