Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

load data suggestion for CFE pistol

3djedi

I don't think there is any danger as long as you are getting fairly consistent ignition and velocities. In reading the data there are a ton of calibers I imagine in an effort to get them all listed the found a decent range and moved on, I think as more data gets published we will see a much wider range in the lower limit of the powder. Just guessing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I'm going to try some cfe pistol with 180 extremes this week. I haven't loaded them yet but I'll start at the hodgdon minimum and work my way up with their berry's bullet data. I've loaded cfe in 9 and 45 and didn't see any flakes. I had unburnt powder using universal and fixed it by bumping it up a tenth or two.

I have a lot of titegroup but I want to try the cfe pistol I have because it seems that major PF will be achieved without being close to max pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been very happy with CFE Pistol in my STI Edge. My load with Berry's 180 gr. FP is 5.8gr. of CFE Pistol, Federal Small Primers, loaded to 1.160. 944 fps.

I have not been using it long enough to have hot vs cold data yet...I may bump it up to 5.9gr. for a little extra cushion.

• 2 weeks later...

I did 6.1gr at 1.135 out of tanfoglio limited and shot well over 180pf. I used extreme 180gr. I'm going to try 5.9 and 6.0 to see if I can get it to 172ish PF. I like this powder a lot so far. Granted it was only 50 rounds. I'm gonna buy another lb before I commit and start collecting 8lb jugs of this.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have anymore information to contribute? I was able to pick up 2 pounds over the weekend to try for myself. Been wanting to try this for my STI Edge. I will be trying 180gr & 200gr Xtremes loaded to 1.180 at a few various charges.

I like it. I load short for EEA witness so a powder that makes PF at super low range is a plus.

Which witness do you have? Can you share your load with it?

I have an elite limited using 4.5g of titepowder with 180g hp xtreme at 1.135".

However I still have about 18lbs of CFE and should probably develop a load with it........

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have an elite limited. I was pushing 4.6 with TITEGROUP not making major consistent enough. I did 6.1 of CFE at 1.135 using xtreme 180 rn fp and made 180+pf.

I recently made 5.9 gr of cfe with 1.135 and same xtreme 180's. . shoots well. Haven't chrono'd yet though.

I have an elite limited. I was pushing 4.6 with TITEGROUP not making major consistent enough. I did 6.1 of CFE at 1.135 using xtreme 180 rn fp and made 180+pf.

I recently made 5.9 gr of cfe with 1.135 and same xtreme 180's. . shoots well. Haven't chrono'd yet though.

I made the 4.5g of titegroup for my glock 35 and was getting around a 172PF. I haven't chrono'd it with the tanfo. Sounds like it's not gonna make though.......

If you don't mind let me know what you get with your 5.9g of CFE load..... That will give me a great starting point to try. thanks!

I made the 4.5g of titegroup for my glock 35 and was getting around a 172PF. I haven't chrono'd it with the tanfo. Sounds like it's not gonna make though.......

If you don't mind let me know what you get with your 5.9g of CFE load..... That will give me a great starting point to try. thanks!

Will do. I'm assuming it'll still make PF but who knows if that powder will burn clean that low. I've heard many say the powder like higher pressures.