Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trimming nub on trigger

galt11

On my latest two Glocks, a 17 and a 30 both Gen4, the safety nub on the trigger seems a bit more proud than on my others. Is there a better way to "wear" it down just a bit. Thanks

Adam

Sandpaper.

Unless you're shooting Production, in which case, leave it alone and get used to it.

It would be for production. I dont want to remove it, but just make it a bit less protrusive.

You shouldn't be modifying it if you want to stay production but...

Remove the trigger and trigger bar from the gun and pull back on the part of the trigger safety that contacts the frame. This should expose more if the part you want to profile. From there I used a fine sanding drum on a dremel but anything else would likely work as well. Profile of taste. Enjoy.

You shouldn't be modifying it if you want to stay production but...

Remove the trigger and trigger bar from the gun and pull back on the part of the trigger safety that contacts the frame. This should expose more if the part you want to profile. From there I used a fine sanding drum on a dremel but anything else would likely work as well. Profile of taste. Enjoy.

Thanks. I think that procedure and some 2000 grit sandpaper is just what the doctor ordered. Just enough to take some of the bit out of the safety. It almost appears as if the nub has already been profiled to a knife edge.