Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Last Stage of Match

uncledoc

Last Saturday I shot a 3-Gun match with five stages. It was a local range and they chose not to DQ me.....I am thankful!

After shooting the stage, I cleared the AR and shotty just fine. When we got to the pistol (G19), I pulled the trigger thinking that I had dropped the mag......of course the G19 went bang! It scared me and the RO because no one had made that mistake all day.

I did not follow my rule of thumb to drop the mag when I finish the pistol portion of the stage....arrrgh!

I'd DQ the RO for not DQ'ing you...if I could (no rule to do that). But it's definitely unsafe gun handling.

Hope you learn from the mistake and luckily no one got hurt.

Edited by Mark R

Removing the magazine doesn't do or mean jack if you don't show clear before dropping the hammer. By your own admission this was a negligent discharge. Count your blessings and work on your gun handling skills so it doesn't happen again.

-Jake

Removing the magazine doesn't do or mean jack if you don't show clear before dropping the hammer. By your own admission this was a negligent discharge. Count your blessings and work on your gun handling skills so it doesn't happen again.

-Jake

Thanks Jake.....I will take your advice and work hard to prevent a human error in the future......definitely counting my blessings:)