Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sx3 barrel question

mwf008

I've already read all the threads on interchangeability between sx3s and other models. I'm currently shooting a 26 inch sx3, and I'm looking at the 24 vr barrel for the SLP. Has anyone that has gone this route please comment? Did it save on weight or swing better? Are there any 22 inch options (besides cantilever)? I like the shotgun a lot but wish it wasn't so long. Just wondering if the 24 will even make much of a difference.

I think that the SLP barrel is a bit heavier as the SX3 barrel is pretty dang light. I had my 28" SX3 barrel cut to 24" and re-threaded by Briley and it has been great. I'm not sure that it swings all that differently, but being a few inches shorter helps (only time you will ever hear me say that) with maneuvering around tight stages...

It just keeps sounding worse and worse.

I'm sure you could just as easily have it cut to 22" and re-threaded.

Edited by wgj3

I have a SX3 with the 28 inch VR. Tried going shorter to the SLP 22 inch cantilever. Barrel was heavier and changed the swing of my shotgun unfavorably. Any of the SLP barrels will be SX2 barrel profile and weight.

Went back to the 28" and added a longer mag tube and a rear sight for slug zero.

I think that the SLP barrel is a bit heavier as the SX3 barrel is pretty dang light. I had my 28" SX3 barrel cut to 24" and re-threaded by Briley and it has been great. I'm not sure that it swings all that differently, but being a few inches shorter helps (only time you will ever hear me say that) with maneuvering around tight stages...

It just keeps sounding worse and worse.

I'm sure you could just as easily have it cut to 22" and re-threaded.

What was the turnaround time? Are you still able to use invector plus chokes?