Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target stand plans

Clay1

Anyone have any simple target stand plans for IDPA targets? I have seen a couple of pictures of wooden stands that look inexpensive enough to build but why recreate the wheel if someone has some plans that work for them.

I have a small piece of property and want to totally convince the neighbors that I am the gun nut that they believe me to be. Thanks

I built a couple out of PVC pipe and joints. Take the sticks you want to use and see which ones fit what diameter pipe. In my case I found a combo that mated rock solid, but I don't remember the dimenssions and it is too damn cold to go the garage and mesure them right now. A couple of feet of pipe combined with a couple of T joints and elbows will run you about $4. use the elbows as ends pointing up in which you plant the stick. Use the two T joints between the elbows connected with bits of pipe. Add two bits of pipe to each T joint to stabilize the whole thing, and make the whole thing look like a damaged cross. $4 of materials and 10min of work. It's very light too.

Vlad

Too damn cold huh? Right now in Wisconsin my thermometer says -1.7 F. It's suppose to get colder. I hate to say it, but dry fire practice is looking better than live fire outside tomorrow. I'm with you on too cold.

Thanks for the thoughts on PVC, does anyone have any wooden plans? Thanks

Clay1,

We recently started up a new forum here...just for that type of information.

Here is the thread that you'll want to check out...and continue this line of thought...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18781

I'll go ahead and lock this thread so we can keep all the good info in one spot.