Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disconnector How does it work

BOOM

Looking at a semi auto trigger assembly doing a function test watching the hammer drop. I reset the trigger to the hammer it lock on solid, and the safety working fine. Watching the Disconnector I never saw it touch the back side of the hammer. Is it suppose to, or it only works while it in the receiver and the bolt assembly is what activates it while the gun is being fired?

Which gun are you using?

In most common actions the disconnector only functions when the trigger is still pulled back as the hammer gets cocked by the bolt or action. It holds the hammer back until the sear resets.

If you are releasing the trigger before cocking the hammer then the disconnector will not appear to do anything (and it does not need to do anything)

Edited by GunCat

Stoeger; pretty much the same as Benelli trigger . I did hold the trigger back, and re cocked the hammer looking to see if the hammer would engage the disconnector it did not. Reading through Patric Sweny book on this subject the pictures and types of shot guns in his book are different. Can anyone share Pictures of the Disconector engaged on a Soeger ,or Benelli, or even a Link ?

BIG THANKS for the picture sdhunternan; especial if you pulled your trigger out to take it. I had put a after market Disconnector to make the shotgun 922r compliant. I did a safety check before putting the trigger group into the receiver,and noticed the disconnector was not touching the hammer it got me wondering WHY ?. So I asked those here, I'm sure Glad I did before I took it the range. I called the company and there shipping the correct one to me.