Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

longshot for 9mm?

kaech

hey guys I'm new here and pretty new to reloading I bought a 650 with feeder last October and eight pounds of Winchester auto comp that powder is almost gone now and I'm only able to get a pound of long shot does anybody have any recommended loads for a 124 grain bullet? I have 124gr PD, MG, WIN all RN fmj's. otherwise I'll just keep looking for powder but there isn't much of anything around and just keep this for when I get in to reloading.40

Edited by kaech

The majority of shooters shoot USPSA wherein there are rules surrounding the "Power Factor" of match ammunition; the PF is calulated using the velocity in FPS X the weight of the bullet in grains / 1000 (e.g. 180gr bullet traveling 1000fps is 180pf). Major ammunition clocks in at 165pf and above so 9mm Major is pretty unpleasant in a pistol without a compensator :surprise: . For comparison Sellier and Bellot 9mm 124-gr. FMJ target ammo is 134pf so if you're not loading for 9 Major, Hodgdon's online manual is your best bet: http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/

Longshot is LOUD and not so good for minor PF ammo. I use it becaus I can't get anything else righ now and have some for heavy 12 gauge loads. Check Hodgdon for loads. I am loading 5.5 grains with 115 zero JHP.

thanks this is also a all I can find powder at the moment