Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to file a Barsto barrel for the G19? (color coded diagram)

eviljoe

My semi-drop in, dropped into my Glock 19 just fine.

It cycled WITHOUT a mag just fine...though I felt it stick just a tiny bit in the VERY beginning of the pull.

It cycled WITH an EMPTY mag just fine.

However, WITH ammunition in a magazine in the gun, it cycles the first round, then cycles the rest of the rounds like 70-80% of the time, BUT the other 20-30% of the time, it hangs up about 2/3rds of the way to the rear, with the round not ejecting and not going anywhere--it just sticks and goes back in the barrel when I release the slide from it's half-cocked position.

I'm just wondering WHERE on the barrel I should file?

I'm guessing it's not the leading or rear edge of the barrel hood

(which would be easy to describe)...it's probably down there in the lug area and feed ramp area...that lower area is all complex with lots of ins and outs (the lug area that is--not THAT lower area).

It looks like this (USUALLY it lets me pull it back a bit further than this--the TOP one is a bit further back, but still not quite the norm...don't know why it didn't--but then, it cycled like 9rds before it stuck twice in a row):

aGLOCK19barsto1_zps62b949b5.jpg

Another angle:

aGLOCK19barsto2_zps52798977.jpg

Where should I file (I think I numbered all the main places)? My guess was #1, 2 or 3 (blue, green and red). Any theories or questions?

aGLOCK19barsto3_zps325db6ca.jpg

I forgot this area the INNER FRONT lug area (not frong):

aGLOCK19barsto4_zpse9233d6e.jpg

Edited by eviljoe

For the gunsmith fit BarSto you remove material from 3 and to tie left of 6 where the hood meets the breach.

First try the fit with moving the barrel in and out of the slide only when it's removed from the frame

Installed a Bar-Sto semi drop in in my G17G4, and had to stone the rear of the hood at #6. Lock-up is perfect and functions flawlessly!

As alma mentioned above, fit the barrel to the slide while it's off the frame first. This was also confirmed by Bar-Sto gunsmith as I was confused by Irv's YouTube videos which suggests removing material from #5 when fitting. Bar-Sto has a great video that goes into detail on how to begin the fitting process.

HTH's