Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22rd. mag & TF +8?

jimmcc

I have an Olympic Arms AR in .40 with the Glock lower and want the highest capacity mag that will run reliably. I put a Taylor Freelance +8 on a stock 22 round mag and it holds a true 30 rounds. I used the original spring from the mag because it was longer than the one that came from TF. I haven't had a chance to fire it but loading it and pushing the rounds out by hand everything seems to be ok and it feels as though there's enough spring pressure. Has anyone ever tried this combo or something else in .40? I do have a spring for the 33rd 9 MM mag coming in case I need more spring. All info is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I used arredondo extensions to shoot limited and never had any issues with them they worked great. They definitely will not come close in capacity though to the +8. I also (for fun) used a 9mm 30 round mag and replaced the follower with a .40 one, which worked fine but I really didn't use it much so I don't know how long it would function reliably.

I received my 33rd springs and they are the same lenght as the 22rd so I kept it in. I loaded to a full 30 and shot at intermittent speeds and had zero issues. Granted this was only one mag and time will tell the tale. Kylehb I do like the idea of swapping followers. Ill try that next if I have any issues with my contraption!