Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38SC to 9mm major - comp?

kimberacp

am convert a SC gun to 9mm major and want to get an idea of what would be the best comp to use???

I ve looked at the STI trubor, Cheely ti comp and was thinking of Brazos comp?

am new to this Open gun and was looking for opinions or ideas?

thanks

funny, I was just reading a post from 2002 and how 9 major would never be a legit alternative for 165 pf open guns. anyway, I like the two, "up" port comps, though the three pro brazos has a very good reputation. I shoot a t1 trubor. the comp is just the slightest bit smaller than a three port, but the ports are huge. akai and cheely both make some stupid sexy comps. just buy them all and tell your wife they only cost 10 bucks each. after all, that custom race gun only cost 450.00.

Lol. I could never pass my open blaster off for 450 cuz she knows her smith 642 was 400. But......, the "prize table". Has been pretty good to me. That one works every time. " oh I won that new comp at a match".

Seriously tho I have shot the cheely comp on a 9 major and that is what is going on my current build. Light and very effective.

Edited by praff

Yep it's titanium and dunno about durability. I gotta think the way the gun is built, how the barrel is fit and what load you are using would have more to do with durability than anything else.