Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition .40 Major

SWprotected

Okay,

After searching and reading many posts on this topic I still have not found exactly what I am looking for. I want to work up a load for 40 Major with Ramshot competition. I will be loading for an STI EDGE 5" and am loading to 1.180" OAL. I will be using range brass but have sorted it by brand and am using federal for testing. I will be using Winchester small pistol primers. I am going to try a couple of different bullets Bayou 180gr and Blue Bullets 180gr.

I have some test rounds made up with 4.1gr. and 4.4gr. charge weight to test I plan to chrono these loads this weekend but wanted to know if anyone has any data they would share for comparison purposes.

Word on the interwebs is that Ramshot Competition is very close to N320. Looks like you are starting at a good spot for N320. Search the forums for n320 loads.

I've loaded 4.5 gr N320, at the shorter OAL of 1.138" with 180gr Ibejiheads (similar) and chrono'd those at 172.3 through a factory G35 barrel.

My guess is you might come in a little slower b/c of the longer OAL and lighter charge, but maybe the barrel is a little different.