Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Audio file of the timer beep?

alma

Anyone have a download for the standard shot timer beep?

I am wondering whether anyone has set their phone's notifications to the shot timer sound. I figure it can't hurt to get some random reaction practice as those emails come in throughout the day.

Thank you. That sounds about right. I figure if I focus on reacting whenever I hear this then maybe I can shave a few hundredths off the clock. My reaction time to my blackberry alerts used to be scary fast, even when I was dead asleep.

Anyone have a download for the standard shot timer beep?

I am wondering whether anyone has set their phone's notifications to the shot timer sound. I figure it can't hurt to get some random reaction practice as those emails come in throughout the day.

I have a shot timer program from R.U. Ready. I have it installed on my lap top and it works very well. It gives you several options on par time, etc. I don't know why but it's no longer available at the R.U.Ready website. I like to use it at home rather than my regular shot timer since it's so user friendly and I can adjust the volume. And there is actually a command " are you ready" before the beep which is very nice. The beep is also a different tone than my shot timer which is nice, so I can practice with and be accustom to different kinds of beeps.

If you'll PM me your e-mail address, I'll send the program back to you as an attachment. I'm at work until late this evening, but I could send it in the morning.

I was able to find a satisfactory tone in the default notification sounds.

I am sure yyou could customize the sounds for anything you wanted. Only problem with "are you ready?" is you would always know when to expect the beep. Going to give this a try for awhile and see if it's worth while.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder if it's even possible to make your own audio files for phone notifications. I was thinking maybe you could somehow copy the RU Ready beep, including the are you ready , and stand by commands.

Yes, I think since IOS 5 you can do custom stuff. Here's one way: http://www.macworld.com/article/1163127/make_custom_tones_for_your_iphone.html