Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Match at S&W for a great cause

• 2 weeks later...

I will probably be running into the match dirctor, Dave Kenek, at the local match being held at S&W tomorrow. My guess is that the match will be opened to civilian competitors after the LEOs have had the first shot at registration.

Dave asked me to handle stats for this match, and I agreed subject to a few conditions:

(1) The scoring system needs to work with EzWinScore [it is not a USPSA match, so there may be procedures, penalties, etc. not present in USPSA matches]

(2) The match has to let me give USPSA literature to each competitor at registration. Everyone will get a membership app, Front Sight annual, and schedule of matches in the New England area.

(3) The match is not affiliated with any shooting organization which competes with USPSA for market share.

Other than that specific assistance, I am not involved in any aspect of running this match. This is not a USPSA event. I will be there to assist with scoring only, and to try to generate some interest in USPSA. Those of you who are used hearing me insist on compliance to USPSA standards at matches will notice a deafening silence from me at the Cops for Kids match.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from this match. What a great time it was. Very differnet type of match but good. 5 stages all blind. Here is the problem, you solve it.

They raised Approx $16,000 for the Jimmy Fund. Congrats to the POSA crew for a great match. See you next year :D

Regards,

Gary

Just got back from this match.  What a great time it was.  Very differnet type of match but good.  5 stages all blind.  Here is the problem, you solve it.

They raised Approx $16,000 for the Jimmy Fund.  Congrats to the POSA crew for a great match.  See you next year :D 

Regards,

Gary

Gary,

That was a fun match! Although, I did shoot alot of innocent people today.:( Who was the murder?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Just to follow up on my post about scoring the match ... when I spoke to Dave Kenick I told him I would be glad to score the match if their scoring system worked with EzWinScore.

His co-match director and I spoke a few weeks before the match and our mutual conclusion was the the scoring system they came up was sufficiently dis-similar to EzWinScore as to be unusable by that program. Since there needed a new scoring system "from scratch" there was not benefit in bringing in someone whose offering was to run EzWinScore at the event. This explains why I was not scoring, and how that was totally consistent with my original offer to the match.

I'm glad to hear it did so incredibly well.