Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sp2022 not going into battery

bodene 5

this is a 9mm made in dec 2013 when I hand cycle the weapon it does not return to battery it catches about 1/4 inch short have to use a little force to return it to battery this weapon is brand new never fired I thought this was odd if I slam it from mag release it will return fully only when I hand cycle the weapon . any ideas

First, since you said it was new, have you lubricated it? New Sigs are often underlubricated from the factory. At least, mine have been.

When you hand cycle, are you riding the slide forward at all? Does it hang up if you close the slide by using the slide catch lever? If you're not riding it and it doesn't hang up when firing or when using the lever, it may just be lack of lubrication or a break-in issue.

thanks for the reply called sig they would not even talk to me they could of cared less seemed like took it to where I purchased it and compared it to another new one the other cycled fine and smoothly they exchanged them for me which made me happy it for sure had a issue . sig CS to say the least is poor . I had to really slam it for it to go to full battery . the one I have now cycles smooth as butter

Unfortunately, Sig CS is hit-or-miss. Personally, I've had great luck with them the few times I've had to call. I know of others who have had experiences similar to yours. Glad your dealer swapped it out for you.

Back when I sold my .40 229 and was looking for a similarly sized 9mm for EDC, I shot a friend's 2022 and I really liked it. If it wasn't for the fact that I already had holsters and parts for a 229, I probably would have gotten a 2022. One of these days I'll get one.