Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Nitride Finish review

stonedudley

I placed an order for a custom 2011 in early June of last year. I received it in early October before Fallen Brethren. When I got it I shot it in the white up until late January because I could not decide on a finish. I finally decided I would get the black Nitride finish done by H&M metal processing. Once I sent it back to my gunsmith for a few touch up before it was finished it was sent to H&M. When they got it they had it ready to be shipped back in about two weeks. I sent it in right before Shot Show. I was very impressed with the turn around time with the trade show. When I got it back in my hands I was very impressed. It is a very smooth finish. It really helps with cleaning it just comes off the gun. H&M did great work with it. Smooth turn around not much of a hassle.

I only have one Con with it so far. It doesn't appear very strong. I have had the gun back for a little over a month and the finish is starting to wear off at the front from dry fire and live use. I don't think it should already be worn through at the front. Im curious to see how long it will last before more starts to come off. It was very surprised to see it when I was cleaning my gun the other day. It's not very noticeable but when you take a closer look it's very visible. I will post a picture of it when I get home today.

post-40899-0-25884100-1394122453_thumb.j