Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting for stuff

John Dunn

Hmmm ... sounds like the exact format of the Idaho "Glocks Only" state championship match! Twenty dollar entry fee for nine stages, 220 rounds, $100 to each of the three division winners plus trophy plaque, $75 & $50 to second & third place finishers, balance of $800 paid back in $20 increments as far down as money allows.

Merchandise donations raffled off before final results. Vendors ask me if they can donate items, nothing is solicited. The match sells out fast so someone must like the format!

Everyone gets the chance to shoot for fun with no prizes. They're called club matches.

Everyone also has the chance to shoot for fun WITH prizes, depending on what major matches you go to.

Summer Blast fills every year, because it's a fun match. Prizes are given out through raffle, so you're still basically shooting for fun. Area 2 fills faster than any match of the year, and they have a great prize table. What's the difference?

For people who don't want to shoot for prizes, do what some of us do already, and give them back to the match, or choose not pick from the table.

As long as the match is run ethically, smoothly, and the shooters KNOW WHERE THEIR MONEY IS GOING, most of us will continue to shoot to have fun. There are only a couple of pistol matches in the country where you can win back your expenses....and none of them are IPSC matches, unless you're local.

Show me someone who shoots IPSC for the cash and prizes, and I'll show you a poor someone!

Phil

For people who don't want to shoot for prizes, do what some of us do already, and give them back to the match, or choose not pick from the table.

I applaude this action. Last gun I won off a prize table I donated back to the match to be used next year. I've also donated prize table winnings (nice Scheumann barrel) to prize tables for other matches here in Wyoming.