Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from WI

bluegreeneye

Hi all.

As a newbie, I am looking forward to learning and getting up to speed in short order. I am not a high volume shooter (yet) and am interested in this as a hobby. My better half is thinking to contribute monies for the upcoming Father's Day. ;> I am starting from scratch.

One of my other hobbies is wood working. I have a saw dust collection and air filtering system installed. Are there any concerns with a "dual" work area for reloading? Will dust throw off powder charging? Electronic scale? I keep my shop pretty clean.

After a couple months of research on the web, guns shows and seasoned reloaders, I have landed squarely on the Dillon 650 XL. My journey is just beginning.....

Good to be on board!

Bruce

post-52423-0-71203000-1393191875_thumb.j

Welcome Bruce!

I have a dual purpose shop too and haven't run into any issues since I never wood working and loading at the same time (e.g. I never have open cases on loading blocks on the loading bench while I'm doing woodworking and putting dust in the air).

The only issue I've run into is that the electronic powder scales demand a rock solid surface. They will pick up even the slightest tremble in whatever table they're sitting on. So I built a small stand that sits just to the right of my loading station for my electronic powder dispenser.

Would you happen to be in western Wisconsin? I shoot all around the Minneapolis metro area and my main club shoots at a range just north of Rochester MN. If you're close enough you should bounce over.