Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Screensavers?

wood5443

Does anyone know how to add different screensaver images to the nook? I saw this today over at Eastern Shore where their Nooks had three different screensaver images when the Nook was locked (USPSA Logo, and their local club logo was added along with the Practiscore logo). Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but I did a search with no luck.

You can also create your own subdirectory under /system/media/screensaver, and it's available from the pick list under Settings.

The author images that come with the system are creeeepy! We used the nature images at first, and the Bill Noyes figured out how to add custom screens. We've got custom ones for South River Gun Club, Cherokee Gun Club, River Bend Gun Club, East Alabama Gun Club, and Atlanta 3-Gun.

http://www.tinymicros.com/wiki/NOOK_Simple_Touch_(NST)_Rooting_For_Practiscore#Load_Custom_Screen_Saver

The rooting system available at rootnscoreit.com also sets a single default screensaver based on the splash screen that is displayed when you start the app.

If you want only your custom screen saver to be the one used on the device, you have to create a separate directory under /system/media/screensaver (I used to call it 'practiscore') and then in the B&N screensaver options select 'practiscore' to have the device select from the .png files contained therein.

The image size is 800x600, by the way, and you don't have to make any additional effort to render it as grey-scale. Any color contained in the image will be converted.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want only your custom screen saver to be thIe one used on the device, you have to create a separate directory under /system/media/screensaver

I just deleted the author images and moved the image I wanted to use into the author subdirectory.