Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help assembling gear for Witness Open gun

jfkid

Hello all!

I used to shoot USPSA production with a Glock 34 and had worked my way up to B class. Between a new job, move across the state, and birth of a third child I haven't shot a match in 3 years. I am finally looking forward to getting to shoot again but this time my wife is interested in joining me! She was given an EAA Witness Silver Team in 9mm (small frame) with a Tasco Propoint. I have a total of 3 stock mags to go with the gun, but no other gear. Can you point me in a direction to complete a lower cost rig to outfit this gun for her to enjoy shooting with me? At a minimum I need to get a holster, one big mag, three mag holders, and a belt. I just want her to enjoy herself, she is a very good shot generally and I want to nurture that interest. I have googled quite a bit and cant find a good answer on the need for a holster that will accommodate the sight mount.

Thanks!

how is the sight mounted? will it fit a 'normal' race holster that grabs the gun by the trigger guard? like a DAA race master? or ghost superghost?

Otherwise something like a CR speed or safariland 014 with muzzle platform could work.

ben stoeger sells ghost pouches which are cheap and well rated by those who use them.

belts, you can buy a cheapo belt of ebay, but even a top brand belt shouldn't be more than $60.

given your tanfog is a small frame 9mm CZ 75 9mm mags should fit just fine.

Thanks for the reply. The sight is mounted to a weaver rail base screwed to the side of the frame. The trigger guard is the older slightly squared shape. I assume that will work with the trigger guard type holster. I will try to add a picture or two of the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with a Safariland 014 Holster and a ELS belt and pouches for my Tanfoglio Gold Custom. The Safariland gear is a bit more expensive than most options, but I really like the modularity of it. I shoot Open, some Limited, and 3-Gun, and with all the right pouches, I can use that rig in all 3 sports.

hmm, that trigger guard shape may be a problem. it certainly won't fit the current square tanfoglio trigger guard holsters. To me it actually looks closest to a CZ 75 trigger guard. so I would be trying a holster for a CZ shadow. an H&S CW5 would be a good option.