Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 maintenance and stock drop question

lucas

To clean gas cylinder and piston, the instructions indicate spraying beretta gun oil. What can I use in instead of beretta gun oil?

To change the stock drop, the required tools include a T-15 torque wrench. What is that and can't I use open end wrenches and or a socket wrench?

Probably any good gun oil and some elbow grease will work.

You can use a socket wrench to loosen the stock bolt. Before you do, take a good look at the positioning of the metal pitch washer. I didn't and was stumped for a while as to how it should lay in the stock.

Pat

Are you getting some cheek slap like me? I don't have the same issue with either my FN SLP or VersaMax so wondering if the stock is just too high out of the factory.

I don't like how far down I have to crush my face to the stock for the front sight to naturally line up without it being to high. This might be part of your problem. I hope the extra spacer and plate will drop it down further than the 55 to 60 mm drop it is out of the box per the manual.

Are you getting some cheek slap like me? I don't have the same issue with either my FN SLP or VersaMax so wondering if the stock is just too high out of the factory.

I don't like how far down I have to crush my face to the stock for the front sight to naturally line up without it being to high. This might be part of your problem. I hope the extra spacer and plate will drop it down further than the 55 to 60 mm drop it is out of the box per the manual.

Yep, same issue. Added the 65mm front spacer and changed out the rear to 65mm DX (right handed) and cheek slap gone.

One thing I still don't get. Cleaning instructions involves oil. I only ever used oil to lubricate not clean. I don't understand. Do I actually use oil to clean or solvent?

A lot of oils have detergents on them to clean.. pretty much all motor oil has detergents to clean the carbon out

One thing I still don't get. Cleaning instructions involves oil. I only ever used oil to lubricate not clean. I don't understand. Do I actually use oil to clean or solvent?

A lot of oils have detergents on them to clean.. pretty much all motor oil has detergents to clean the carbon out

Thanks, in that case SLP which is both oil and solvent should be okay.

Yep, same issue. Added the 65mm front spacer and changed out the rear to 65mm DX (right handed) and cheek slap gone.

I am having the same problem. Where did you get the 65mm spacer and the 65 DX plate?

I am having the same problem. Where did you get the 65mm spacer and the 65 DX plate?

The spacer and steel plate are included with the choke tool. The steel plate included is marked DX for righties and SX for lefties. However, I'm not sure which way to put the plate ,for the most right handed drop yet, while looking at it. It should be self explanatory once I take the stock off , if not I'll always thought it should of been.

My bad. The 65mm spacer and washer is what I already have installed. Wish they made a 70mm.

After getting my 1301 back from Jeff I Put the stock to 65mm, much better now . I then started to practice with dummies and could not chamber one. Turns out I was the biggest dummy. I forgot about the carrier stop push button. I called Jeff @ c-rums and moments later he called and straitened me out.