Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SEAR/DISCO manufacturers

Kimbertarget

I broke with tradition. Normally I go with the parts my gunsmith suggests, but I decided to go with EGW on a build in 2012 based on what I read in this forum. Since then have had the same hammer/disco installed in two other guns. Great feel, like the looks, and my GS was able to do a really nice trigger job on all three.

Last weekend the hammer spur on the initial gun broke off during a match. That pistol has had approx 9-10K rounds thru it. It broke pretty much where the spur is connected to the rest of the hammer. I contacted EGW and they had me return the broken hammer so they can take a look and I believe they are sending me a replacement hammer. Jim at EGW told me that shortly after coming out with the lightened EGW hammer in 2012-ish they redesigned it with slightly smaller cuts in the spur so there is more metal in the new ones than the version I bought. Comparing the broken hammer to the ones I bought in 2013 there appears to be a little extra meat on the new ones.

Gotta love good customer service. My broken hammer experience is in no way making me shy away from EGW products.