Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The best caliber for Precision Rifle Matches

Nowind0

6.5mm or 6mm rounds are the most common. The 6.5 Creedmoor has been very popular as is the .260. The .243 has been running for years and the newer 6mm Creedmoor has been popular.

6mms will run flatter shooting and are good in the wind but they are sometimes hard to spot impacts at longer ranges and sometimes energy comes into it. The 6.5mms are a good combo of flat shooting and good in wind and energy.

• 2 months later...

That article has been posted before, but it's always a good read to go back over it. I've got the itch for a new rifle so bad I can taste it, but it's just not the right time. I dropped about 5k in my 68 Chevelle at the end of the summer, and then turned around and bought an MKA 1919 from Firebird along with extra mags and stuff. My wife says the next toy we get is for her. Kinda hard to argue that point, especially when she looks in the locker and sees two sti's, two jp rifles, an fn, cm and Mka shotguns, and two bench guns. My problem is that I "educated" her on guns, so she actually knows what's there. Big mistake!