Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster options for open glock

G17

I was wondering if ya'll had any holster recommendations for an open glock 17. It uses a sideway mount with cmore. I like the DAA racer setup but it's just a bit pricey. Not sure how long i really plan to shoot open so i was hoping to not invest so much in a holster/rig setup for this gun. I mean if it's the only option thats going to fit my gun i'll go with it, i just thought i'd see if anyone knew of a cheaper alternative that will still get the job done.

Thanks, that Safariland does look pretty good.

I think i'll end up going with one of the CR speed Rig combo's from the DAA website. At 279 for the combo it seems to be the cheapest i can find. It only comes in black, and i'm debating ponying up another 50-60 bucks to get one from CR's website in a color.

I also notice DAA has the "Race Master" and "Racer". I'm trying to determine the differences.

Edited by G17

Race master is aluminum and has an interchangeable block so it can be used for different guns. The racer is plastic and does not have a removable block so it can't be converted to a different brand. The racer is a little more adj also than the race master. I have the race master because I shoot an sti with a glock for a backup and simply keep the extra locking block with the gun in case I need to change guns. If your gonna use a different gun type in it the race master is nice. If your gonna use it for one gun brand only then the racer is just as good and less money.

I would definitely get the racer/race master over a cr speed. Check with shootersconnection they should be able to set with a good belt. Holster belt and 2 mag pouches

Racer holster 130

DAA belt 55

2 mag pouches 33 each so 66 bucks.

So 251 for a good belt setup

Edited by EkuJustice