Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need some help

bnizzel2000

okay here is the deal i just picked up a older witness 45 and the frame safety doesnt work does anyone have a pic of the safety in the gun with out the slide on it im trying to see if my safety is broken or if the sear is broken on it, thanks a bunch guy, and it turs out this was one of the models that had the recall can anyone explain to me what the recall was all about?

second question are there any good sites besides henning to where i can order parts and grips for the eaa witness and a ta90 for?

Edited by bnizzel2000

Just few thinks to check before you replace parts,

First remove the slide so you can have a better picture of the safety / sear engagement

Move safety up and see if the safety notch goes under the sear , if not ether the safety notch has been modified or the tip of the sear may have been shortened.

If the safety notch goes under the sear press the trigger and see if there is any movement of the sear it should be none when pressing the trigger, in the event the sear still moves and the notch is is not tall enough to prevent the tip of the sear moving down inspect both the safety notch and under the sear tip to see if there is material that has been removed from ether part.

This just to help you determined what part has been modified or damaged as per replacing the parts I think you better bring it to someone that makes a living repairing guns.

hope this help below some pictures explaining the sear /safety notch engagement .

IMG_0353_zps55669d98.jpg