Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para pro comp .40?

chanman

Has anyone got thier hands on one yet? I bought one of the new production paras earlier in the year and was very impresses with the 14.45 expert model. Para looks like a whole new company compared to the canada days, but I finf myself wanting a new singlestack gun and this looks like a nice fit foe me?

What kind of mags does it like? Ammo length?

Tell me bout her

Just got one, fired maybe 50 or so rounds. Had mag problems with the tripp 10mm Corey mags only on the first round when loaded to max capacity(9). For some reason with 8 rounds loaded, it fed fine. So far I like it(my first 1911). Trigger pull is heavy, I don't have a scale yet, but guessing its close to 10lbs. No regrets so far. Just need to educate myself on the 1911 platform now. By the way, I got mine from Oak Hill Guns. They got good prices on everything

Just got one, fired maybe 50 or so rounds. Had mag problems with the tripp 10mm Corey mags only on the first round when loaded to max capacity(9). For some reason with 8 rounds loaded, it fed fine. So far I like it(my first 1911). Trigger pull is heavy, I don't have a scale yet, but guessing its close to 10lbs. No regrets so far. Just need to educate myself on the 1911 platform now. By the way, I got mine from Oak Hill Guns. They got good prices on everything

10lbs?! Something is seriously wrong man! If you think its even close to that I would contact para asap. Grip safety could not be engaging 100% among other things. Get a scale and let us know

I am running ammo loaded for my .40 xdm and .40 xd open project. It's at 1.135-1.140. I know it's probably short for the 10mm mags. The .40 factory mags worked fine though.

Yes, that is more "standard" 40 length. You get a lot more reloading options using the 10mm mags and loading to a longer OAL.

Chanman, picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and so far I'm very impressed. This is my first 1911 so my experience my not provide you with any useful insite, but I posted a range report on the other Para thread. I'm using Wilson Combat mags along with the stock mags and have had no problems with either although I prefer the Wilson mags 9 round capacity. I agree about Naka getting his checked out, the trigger pull on mine although heavier than my 2 modified Glocks is nowhere near 10lbs. Looking forward to spending more time with this pistol and learning more about the 1911 platform. IMHO it's alot of gun for the money.

Regards,

Paul

I found the max length the barrel will take is 1.200. I'll be loading to 1.80 and see if I can get it to 100% it would be nice if I can load for both the xdm and the 1911 but I only bought a bunch of the tripp 10mm mags.

Will play with it a little more, maybe just need to get used to the trigger. It's nice that it doesn't have the take up like the factory xdm does.

Naka I agree on the take up, I've shot both my Pop's and brothers XD's and that was one of the few things I didn't like about those guns. I really do like the trigger on the Para, but again the only thing I have to compare it to is my Glocks, one with a Zev trigger and the other a Pyramid trigger. I would like the trigger on the Para to be a little lighter and some of the more experienced members made some good adjustment suggestions on the other thread. I'd be interested to hear about any mod's you make, keep us posted.

Regards,

Paul

After dry firing it about 200+ times from the last time I posted in this thread, it seems that the trigger does feel a little better now. Didn't get a scale yet, but it's more tolerable. Does the trigger need a break in too?how often do I need to take it apart and clean the trigger group? Hope to get down to the range on Sunday to try it again.

After dry firing it about 200+ times from the last time I posted in this thread, it seems that the trigger does feel a little better now. Didn't get a scale yet, but it's more tolerable. Does the trigger need a break in too?how often do I need to take it apart and clean the trigger group? Hope to get down to the range on Sunday to try it again.

Triggers may work in a bit but not much. You do not need to clean the trigger parts very often at all.

Go to your local GS and weigh the trigger. I would be very surprised if it is anywhere near the 10lb mark. Mine was around 5 out of the box.

I loaded a dummy round to find max overall length measurements and I got just under 1.200. I will end up loading to 1.800 or less to be on the safe side. Just had a locked up slide on my xdm9 because I loaded some 124gr mg hp bullets a little too long and it was no fun . Not making the same mistake with this new pro comp.