Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 crown and BRILEY SPHERICAL

Kimbertarget

Hello,

I decided to customize my COLT ENHANCED model 1911.

It was initially going to be just some aesthetics but after putting it up against my GLOCK-34 with zev tech internals and my kimber target (my two most precise pistols), the COLT went from being good to phenominal. Anyone else have these results from a BRILEY spherical/and/or BARREL crowning? I had two other competitors also try it before and after and the results are amazing. If this is the case why dont more people crown and/or why dont manufacturers do this on higher end SEMI-production 1911s since the cost of machining for large companies would be cost effective?

Would 44degree crown/flush cut,Briley spherical,F.L.G.R. And after market trigger not be allowed in USPSA/IPDA or STEEL CHALLENGE single stack or limit-10?

Sorry for the non-professional pics but you get the idea ;)

26abc4b74c08ad13c4638e6b066e3cdf.jpg

3862b87a6e7ac2cccc8aace3a5118de3.jpg

130b2d8dc3571a2ce4cb6e6708394b19.jpg

Edited by Kimbertarget

Thank you for the compliment.

Ive had EGW,KINGS,Ed brown "custom fitted" however-

Nothing compares to the obvious accuracy of BRILEY. If you would have told me i would have thought you were working for briley and just hyping the bushing. However it accurate put to ranges that you would be using your rifle at that point 50yards.

The crown must help with evacuating gases because the muzzle flip is just a bit more than my GLOCK34 with 9mm NATO cartridges!

Anyone who shoots in florida i would allow to shoot my 1911 to see for yourself because i still cannot believe it.

Im almost considering having BRILEY build me one of their LIMITED/OPEN division 1911/2011s