Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Zev Fulcrum! Do I need to use the extra parts?

CHLChris

Just bought a brand new Zev Glockworx Fulcrum "Complete" trigger group. An easy drop-in unit!!

It came with two striker springs (standard 3' and lightened 2') and a special firing pin safety w/ spring. Which parts should I choose to install?

I've heard too many problems with the lightened striker spring, but would there be a benefit from the 3' spring over the OEM spring of the same weight?

What benefit would come from installing the stainless steel FP safety? Smoother? Lighter?

Thanks for any help!!

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the lighter firing pin spring with the extended pin, no problems. I also keep a spare set of springs even though i have not need to replace them, for 6 bucks its nice to have to keep you shooting

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased several complete Fulcrum trigger kits and have always used the lighten striker with the lighten spring without any problem using factory loads. Most shooters that have experienced problems have been those reloading either not using the better primers and/or not sitting the primers right. The complete Fulcrum trigger package is excellent. I would just recommend that you re-polish parts and not tinker with trigger travel adjustment screws. If there is one negative of the entire package it is the adjustment screws being delicate and difficult to work with. However as good as the package is it can be improved by a few gunsmiths that specialize on Glocks. I have used one of these Glocks and there was very little pre-travel and little over-travel and broke at 2 pounds. I personally like some pre-travel for safety reasons but would like to reduce the over-travel. But all being said I am very happy with the Sev Fulcrum package and choose it over any other after market trigger system on the market. You made the right choice.

Thank you! I'm really happy with it so far. I have decided to leave the settings as they are out of the package right now. I don't want to start messing with the screws unless I know exactly what I want to change.

I installed the 3-pound striker spring and haven't had any problems yet. But I am bringing the 6-pound stock striker spring with me to matches just in case.