Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA Divisions - Production and Production 10

jkushner1

90% plus of the guns used in production are now offering standard capacity magazines of 15 rounds or greater. Sig, Beretta, Glock, Para LDA, HK, Ruger, etc. all are marketing such magazines. I've heard chatter that the IDPA may be considering something along these lines as well. IPSC's roots are grounded in higher capacity guns for the shooter. Whats your opinion.

I don't shoot Production...I shoot Limited 10 so I don't feel its my business to comment on Production rule changes...having said that....I am in favor of leaving the rules as they are for ALL divisions!

Right now, as the rules are, I can be competitive in Production with a 9 or a 40 or even a 10 round 45. Raise the limit and the 40 is no longer competitive. I can simply fit more rounds in a 9, in fact the single 9mm that can hold the most rounds without the mag extending beyond the grip will be the gun. So everyone with a 40 and aeveryone with just 10 rnd mags would have to go out and spend money, just to saty in place.

Leave it alone. Ther are more than a few items in USPSA and in IPSC that need fixin, this ain't one o them.

Jim Norman

Don't touch it!

Allowing >10rds:

1. makes anything other than 9mm uncompetitive

2. biases the field towards guns with bigger mags (Glock, LDA, Tanfoglio Stock)

3. forces hundreds if not thousands of competitors to re-buy all their magazines

4. diminishes the problem-solving challenge inherent to limited capacity

5. encourages hosing

(And FWIW, word on the street is no Ruger hi-caps.)