Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need classifier

WidowsSon683

So I have been one classifier short since January. They had a classifier stage at the Gator and from what I read it should count towards my classification. If I am mistaken let me know. If that is the case I need a classifier match before April next year. So if anyone knows any Houston area ranges doing classifiers in the near future or if you are planning one shoot me a message.

Most every monthly USPSA club match has a classifier stage in it.

You don't need a classification for anything in particular. You can shoot any level of USPSA match without having a classification.

I just looked up your scores, using the USPSA number in your signature. You have 3 classifiers on file. You get an initial classification when you get 4 of them on file. (After that, they use you best 6 out of your most recent 8, more of less)

---------------

I see where your 3 classifiers on file were all shot in the same day. That was probably a "special" classifier match...where they have more than one classifier stage in the local match. Those are rare. What you usually see is 1 classifier stage at every local match.

You sure it was a DNF and not just a zero score? It is not unheard of (saying that sarcastically as it happens often!) for the penalties racked up on a classifier outstrip points earned and you zero the stage.

Email the match directors for the area club matches and they can tell you if they will have a stage or not. Our club usually does one a match but not always. Since there are new ones out you might see more used, people get tired of the same ones over and over.