Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Streamlight Customer Service

mcoliver

Several years back my mom bought me my very first hi-output flashlight as a birthday gift. It's a Scorpion model, the one with the rubber body. Since then, I have carried this anywhere I go. I was really impressed with the light that I bought two more a couple of months later (one for the car and the other one for my brother).

However, as months went by I learned the rubber tail-end didn't really hold up too well from the flexing and developed some cracks. I emailed Streamlight's customer service twice asking where I can buy replacement bodies but got no response.

Imagine my surprise today when I got a small package from them with the replacement bodies. Dang! And I'm even from across the globe! :o

Is that customer service or what? :)

THANK YOU Streamlight!

No kidding. Just last week my Scorpion blew its first bulb after about 2 years of hard use. I recalled that the packaging said it came with a spare but for the life of me I couldn't find it. I called and the lady was very pleasent and managed not to laugh at me being obtuse about following her direction for finding the obviously located spare bulb.

I think I'll call them again and order a new rubber body and maybe a new lens cover (mine has some minor damage from leaving it on in my pocket for way to long) and pay for them, because I sure got my $35s worth out if it. With Surefire being the big dog and at twice the price I don't mind helping out the little guy a bit.

Its good to know I'm not the only one that had a pleasent experience with them.

Vlad

I, too had a very favorable experience with the customer service department at Streamlight. A few years back I received as a gift a small 3-led flashlight with a little clip attached to it that could used to fasten it to the brim of your hat. I used and abused the little light for 2 years before the clip finally broke. I emailed their service department to see if a replacement part was available. Several days later a package arrived with another clip at no charge. Excellent people and a great product line. Made in the USA too. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_images/1/icon1.gif

Dave

The best part of the Streamlight is that it has a glass lens. Fry a couple of the stupid, plastic lenses on your SureFire uber-expensive "combat" light and you'll know why I won't be buying another SureFire soon. <_<

Well .. service aside they are also about half the price most of the time and I'm sure that means a lot to the bean counters.

vlad

Since both of my duty flashlights were payed for out of my pocket bean counters don't figure into it..... :D

Seriously, Streamlights are great if for no other reason than almost anyone can purchase spare parts and replace them themselves without having to rely on customer support. We rebuild one at my department every couple of months.