Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske NSR inch clearance to run suppressor

Rifleshooter24

I want to build a 14.5" barreled 300 Blk out rifle with the NSR rail (pin and welded muzzlebrake). Unlike most companies, Noveske has an 11" and a 13.5" rail instead of a 12". Can someone tell me how much clearance I will need between the Handguard and muzzlebrake to easily attach and remove a suppressor? I like to have as long of a Handguard as possible, covering as much of the barrel as possible, so if I could get by with the 13.5" NSR, that would be preferable. However, I'm guessing that won't be enough clearance so I guess the 11" will probably be the route to go? Anyone else already running this setup, and if so, what length Handguard could I get by with?

The can I'll be running is an AAC Sdn-6.

Thanks in advance

I don't know if this will be of much help, but this is an SDN-6 on my 14.5 with a 13" Alpha. It looks like another .5" of handguard would not provide any clearance issues. It's close though.

This gun is actually a 5.56, but that makes no difference I'm sure.

A5538E37-C6D8-4A60-8F47-DC349F9175A5-208

Edited by JKW

Get the 13.5" NSR. It will clear no problem. I have a couple with the 51t Brakeout and FH pinned on and there is no issue with an M42K suppressor.

Of you were running a SPR or SCAR-H which I have as well you would need to use the 11" NSR on a 14.5" barrel with the MITER mount.