Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Mag Pouch with ELS belt

ak_tech

Yes. I have 3 of them that I made fit on my ELS 34 forks. I bought the nuts/bolts from a local hardware store. Make sure you bring an ELS 34 with you, as you need to find a nut thin enough to clear the ELS 35 plate. Also, the bolts I found were either too short, or a touch too long, so I got the longer ones, and hit them with the dremel wheel. It was like 6 months ago, but the process was very easy and didnt take very long. Im sure I could have found the correct length of bolt, but I didnt want to order them, or go to multiple stores to look. I just made it work with what I found.

I can post pics later if you would like.

JWil,

thanks for the info. Yes. pics would be great if you have time. Also, what do you think of the setup? is it worth the effort or should I just buy some safariland mag pouches that are made to go with the system?

Thanks again for the help

OK I will get you some pics. I thinks its worth it. I have never tried the safariland ones, but I love the CR Speed ones. The main reason I bought them was because I liked the fact that you could switch them from Glock mags to 2011 mags. I was shooting a G34 when I bought them, and planned on swithcing to a 2011, which I just recently did 2 months ago. I do think they held the glock mags a little better, maybe they went in a little deeper (??), but I havent had any issues with the 2011 mags and I am very happy with them.

What mags are you using? Do you plan on switching or do you care about that?

ELS34crspeed_zpsa4d8e5c2.jpg

ELS34crspeed4_zps4317f903.jpg

This pic shows that the bolt or the nut do not stick out and will clear the ELS 35 plate

ELS34crspeed2_zpsf04d3f16.jpg

Here is a pic of the lock washer that I used in between the pouch and the ELS 34 fork (it may be hard to see). I would recommed getting your cant figured out before you switch it to mount it on the ELS 34 plate. I am sure you can adjust it a few times if you need to, but I wouldnt want to do it very much as both of the plastic pieces might get pretty chewed up, and may not hold as well. I am not sure though, it may hold up fine. I got my cant figured out, then mounted/tightened it once, and it has been rock solid.

ELS34crspeed3_zps9de2170d.jpg

yeah I typicly switch between a glock, M&P, 2011, and whatever else i can get my hands on. Thanks a bunch for the help :)

Gabe

In switching just know that you will have to remove the center bolt (I was just careful to keep the lock washer in the same postion, to avoid the plastic from getting chewed up, so it could anchor good, and to keep my same cant), also remove the tension bolt and switch out the adapter plates to go from glock to 2011 mags. Not sure which adapter is used for the M&P mags. The switch is not hard to do, but just wanted to give you a heads up on it. When I first bought these pouches, it was appealing that I could use them in a match with my 2011, and I could let my wife use them on her glock in the same match, but that probably would not happen as it would take too long if she was a shooter or two after me.

Edited by JWil